SUBMISSIONS TO ARTS IN OXFORD GALLERY
Exhibition, Workshop and Event Proposals
Approaching a gallery can be daunting sometimes. If you are in the creative industries we would like to hear what you are producing or what you can offer to enhance our arts centre and programme to inspire our community.
Arts in Oxford Gallery invites proposals if you are thinking your artwork would suit our gallery, or you have an exciting exhibition, workshop or event idea.
Our Art Centre offers a:
- Gift Shop
Featuring quality artworks by Canterbury and artists from over New Zealand. Our retail area includes ceramics, glass, jewellery, textiles, paintings, prints and greeting cards.
- Main Gallery
Selected and curated exhibitions programmed 6-12 months in advance. Exhibition period is 4-6 weeks. Gallery area is 10.3m x 7.1m (73 m2) of cream tiled floor and 28 m of white wall space. Gallery has a wall hanging system or mount directly to wall, main flood lights, tracked spotlights and plinths available for use. You may be charged a small exhibition fee.
- Small Showcase Gallery
Short 2 week exhibitions. Planned as a space to spontaneously present what is going on at the time. Ideal for young or emerging artists, local guilds, experimental works, workshop outputs etc.
Gallery area is 5.4m x 3.3m (17.82 m2) with white wall space, cream tiled floor, with two fluorescent lights and power points. Mount directly to wall and/or plinths are available for use.
A small exhibition fee may apply.
- Workshop Classroom
Ideal for teaching workshops, small casual meetings and Artists in Residence studio space.
4.8m x 5.3m (25.44 m2). With three fluorescent lights, small sink, power points, tables & chairs.
A small workshop hirage fee may apply.
- Open Outdoor Area
Our large back yard is perfect for symposia, markets or event. A small hirage fee may apply.
Approx. 90m x 27m (2430 m2) but not covered or secure. Access via gallery carpark
Proposals by email are preferable. Please include:
- An Artist or Project Statement about your art practice, ideas and concepts (1pg max).
- A Bio or CV outlining your art training and experience (1pg max).
- A clear outline of intended exhibition, workshop activity or retail artworks. For group shows all artists work and details must be included in your proposal.
- 3-5 images of current work with title, media, size and year.
- Contact details, including phone number and email address
- Does your project require arts funding, and what is your arts funding plan?
It is likely we may come back to you with further questions.
Forward your proposal to:
email@example.com or Arts in Oxford, PO Box 61, Oxford, 7430.
- Artists will receive an email acknowledging receipt of their submission
- Our Curatorial Team meets approx. once a month to consider all proposals
- Artists will be notified regarding the outcome of their proposal
To return to the homepage and see our latest posts http://www.artsinoxford.com